by Cailey Morgan
I’ve been trying to find some books that might be a help to our CBWC church plants and encourage those considering a new work. However, neighbourhood mission and church multiplication are extremely context-bound, making it always a struggle to offer models and frameworks that would help everyone.
That being said, we can always learn from the examples and ideas of others. JR Woodward of the V3 Church Planting movement has compiled a list of his top ten books on church planting, and I’ll list them here.
But what do you think? Can you provide feedback on any of these books? Or what other voices should be part of this conversation?
- Creating Communities of the Kingdom by David W. Shenk and Ervin Stutzman
- Prodigal Christianity by David Fitch and Geoff Holsclaw
- Planting Churches in the 21st Century by Stuart Murray
- The Essence of the Church by Craig Van Gelder
- The Forgotten Ways by Alan Hirsch
- The New Parish by Paul Sparks, Tim Soerens and Dwight J. Friesen
- The Permanent Revolution by Alan Hirsch and Tim Catchim
- The Search to Belong by Joseph Myers
- Tradecraft by Caleb Crider, Larry Mcrary, Rodney Calfee and Wade Stephens
- Viral Churches by Ed Stetzer and Warren Bird
Check back next week to find out how to get a church planting book for free!