By Cailey Morgan
I’m sorry for the delay in new blog content over the past couple of weeks. CBWC’s Pastors and Spouses Conference took place in the first week of November–a week burgeoning with networking and learning and travel. Much of October’s end was spent in preparation, and the last bit we’ve been playing catch up.
But now we’re back!
I promised I’d update you on the first Halloween we had at our new house. Well, here are the highlights:
- 180 kids showed up
- It was COOOOLD
- Ran out of warm beverages
- Our neighbours at least know that our house isn’t vacant!
And here’s what we learned:
- Buy more candy and hot chocolate
- Tons of families in our neighbourhood–and even on our block–are willing to connect.
- Wear a costume that doesn’t involve being half-dressed cave people if you plan an outdoor party in October
A major highlight for me was one tiny Power Ranger who introduced himself as Christopher and asked, “perhaps, can we be neighbours?” I hope so, Christopher! Pray with us that we will be faithful to follow the next steps in loving our neighbours.
Shortly, I’ll share some Banff pics as well.