Engaging Gospel: Why the Gospel is still Good News is a sermons series designed to help CBWC churches engage more deeply in understanding the Gospel for themselves in a way that might better connect with their daily communities. We encourage our churches to consider making this a Fall 2019 series in order that we can work together and pray together as we prepare to preach. If this isn’t workable, you are welcome to use it any time. Take time to comment on this page with your ideas as well as recommended resources. May this be a living project together!
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience (Peter 3:15-16).
- Sam Breakey recommends this link from a Barna study
- Mark Doerksen reminds us that David Fitch’s Faithful Presence is an excellent book to draw on.
- Here’s a list of books that can help frame the conversation.
- Calgary church planter Rohadi shares some helpful thoughts on Gospel language on the New Leaf blog.
- Other resources? Add your ideas in the comment section.
How are you using these materials? What other resources on the Gospel have you worked through as a congregation? What are your barriers to engaging Gospel in your community? Share your thoughts, questions and resources by leaving a reply below.