Please join us in prayer for these requests from CBWC Church Planting. If you would like prayer, email email@example.com with your requests.
June 11, 2015
Pray for the Greenhills gang as they continue to minister to their community of Filipinos in Winnipeg. Every day in Winnipeg three families arrive from the Philippines to take up residence and now over 60,000 Filipinos call Winnipeg home! Pray for our work at Greenhills and at our two other Filipino congregations (The Maples Evangelical Church with Pastor Lorenzo Sallong and Filipino Evangelical Church and Pastor Roslyn Pamplona). Pray for our Filipino churches in Winnipeg!
April 3, 2015
God’s House hosted a baptism service at the ocean on February 15 where new believers could proclaim their trust in Jesus.
Pray with us for continued transformation in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver. Pray that we will be able to celebrate more and more with God’s House of Many Faces as their friends and neighbours hear the Gospel and respond.
January 16, 2015
January 18-25 is for many churches a Week of Prayer. As Canadian Baptists we are participating members of the Canadian Council of Churches that organize this common call to prayer. Church fellowships all around the world participate.
“Give me a drink” is the cry of the many people in Canada who are soul thirsty. This thirstiness extends to Canada’s aboriginals, Euro-Canadians, and new multi-ethnic Canadians. Let us pray for all these peoples. Pray that the best and most important news anyone can hear will be spoken into their understanding. Pray that communities of faith—of prayer—will be established amongst each.
Pray that churches will be planted that will become centres of community, faith and prayer. I think that it begins when WE pray. We cannot reproduce praying communities if we are not praying.
Pray that God would stir us into prayer.
Pray for awakening.
Pray for the Christians all around you, but to whom you never speak.
Pray for them though they are of a different language or just a different tradition.
Pray for that group that may rent your facility.
And pray with them.
Pray for Christian unity.
I have been challenged lately by some of the ethnic churches in our midst. They still meet, 2 or 3 hours weekly for pray. Some hold monthly, all night prayer vigils.
Pray for churches that do not yet exist.
Pray for a vision to see them coming.
Pray for leaders to raise them up.
Pray for sacred money from kingdom investors.
Pray for new wineskins.
Visit the Our Tribe page for details on various Church Plants and how you can pray for them.
September 19, 2014
Isaac Youm and his family felt called by God to leave their work at a church in Los Angeles and move to Vancouver to plant a Korean church. Still in the very beginning stages of church planting, Isaac has partnered with the CBWC and Burnaby North Baptist Church to explore where God might be leading. Isaac hopes to begin prayer gatherings this fall, and to build a leadership team over the coming year. Please pray with us for the Youm family to hear God’s voice clearly and see His favour in the coming months and years. Pray also for Pastor Jim Walton and his team at Burnaby North Baptist as they seek to support Isaac in this exciting venture.
November 26, 2013
Church Planting is all about seeing God continue His act of creation in our hearts and neighbourhoods. Pray this communal prayer, reflecting on your expectation of God’s creative spark in your life and the lives of our Church Plants.
In your time, Creator God
This world was put in place
And in your time
Through the craftsmanship of your love.
Remind us always
As we look at sunrise
Landscape and tiny child
That at the centre of all things
Is the creative love of God.prayer-2013-3
In your time, Loving God
When we had wandered far
In your perfect time
You embraced the prodigal
Within the security of your arms.
Remind us always
As we look at pain caused
And hardship endured
That at the centre of all things
Is the forgiving love of God.
In your time, Saving God
You walked upon this earth
And in your time
Became one of us
To show what we could become
Remind us always
As we look at our lives
In comparison with yours
That at the centre of all things
Is the saving Grace of God
In your time, Mighty God
You will come in glory
And in your time
Gather the harvest
From one end of this earth to the other
Remind us always
In times of plenty
And in times of famine
That at the centre of all things
Is the love and mercy of God
Let’s continue to lift of our Church Plants in prayer:
- For an emphasis on the lost and the harvest
- For sufficient and passionate workers
- For cultural sensitivity
- For breakthroughs against the strongholds
- For a safe environment for suffering people
- That they might become a house of prayer
- For Tom and Chris Lavigne to hear God’s voice as to their next steps.
- For wisdom across the CBWC as we navigate changes in both our own ranks and in the culture around us.
In the coming weeks, let’s pray through these elements of the Church Plants themselves:
- For anointed worship
- For powerful teaching of the Word
- For a spirit of unity
- For wisdom and discernment
- For protection from the onslaught of the enemy
- For people eager to identify and use their spiritual gifts
- For abundant financial resources
- For strength, wisdom and joy for all of our bivocational pastors, and courage for those considering a bivocational lifestyle.
- For Pastor Janet McBeth, Joanne Anderson, and each member of Emmaus Community Fellowship in Burnaby, BC, to experience, understand, and know God in a new and deeper way this fall.
What better prayer, today, than Psalm 100 to offer grateful praise to God.
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- For wisdom and peace for Director of Church Planting Tom Lavigne, and other CBWC staff who are working through the financial side of our ministry together.
- For the women who have been baptized recently at The Well in Lethbridge. Pray that they would grow strong in the Lord, and in His might power.
Join us in prayer for our Church Planters using the following guide from Prayer Closet Ministries. Click here to find a Planter in your region to pray for.
- Father, I plead that _________________ will be filled with the Holy Spirit and will daily walk in His power (Ephesians 5:18; Galatians 5:16).
- I pray that _________________ will speak the Word of God with boldness (Acts 4:31; Ephesians 6:19).
- I ask that ___________________ will present the gospel clearly to unbelievers (Colossians 4:4).
- God, I plead that You will protect _____________________ from the attacks of Satan and his demons (Romans 15:30-31; 2 Thessalonians 3:2-3).
- Father, I ask that You would open doors and hearts to receive the gospel as _______________ ministers in his/her place of service (Colossians 4:3).
- I pray that You will make _____________________’s ministry exceedingly fruitful and that You will glorify Yourself through this ministry (2 Thessalonians 3:1).
- Father, I plead that You will deliver __________________ from loneliness and frustration (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 18:9-10; Hebrews 13:5).
- Lord, I pray that You will create in ____________________ a servant’s heart (Philippians 2:5-10).
- Father, I plead that ___________________ will be a vessel through which the love of God can flow to others (Romans 5:5; John 13:34-35).
- Please grant ______________________ Your specific direction for his/her ministry (Psalm 37:5).
- Offer prayers of thankfulness and celebration to God for what He has done for you and in your community.
- Praise God for His work through Pastor Yoichi and Miyuki Taniguchi in the Japanese community of Calgary, and for what He is doing amidst all of our Church Planting communities.
- For the will to surrender our plans and hopes to Jesus—the Master Builder—and the guts to follow His plans instead.
- That Pastor Albert Kao and Canaan Life Spring would see fruit of their labour in the form of people coming to know Christ in their community.
Over the next months we will be exploring a variety of prayer forms and topics of prayer. Here’s a simple outline of types of prayer to explore as we learn to commune with God without ceasing.
- Thanksgiving – This is giving thanks to God for all things in your life. Being thankful is being grateful for His protection, provision, blessing and, most of all, for His son.
- Praise – We offer praise to God for who He is and what He has done. Praise is how we express our adoration for the majesty of God.
- Intercessory Prayer – In this kind of prayer, we pray for the needs of others. We pray for family members, friends and co-workers. We pray for our church and its ministries. We pray for our pastor and leaders as well as praying for our government and those God has put over us.
- Confession – We confess our sins to God and ask His forgiveness.
- Petition – Prayers of petition are the type of prayer we are the most familar with. In them, we ask God for things we need – both spiritual needs and physical ones as well.
- Walkie-talkie prayers – are those short little prayers we utter under our breath as we face temptation or an opportunity to witness.
- For Jodi Spargur and other CBWC folks joining her in the Walk for Reconciliation. Pray that they would have opportunities to offer God’s peace and good news.
- For openness and humility in each of our hearts as we learn to live and work for God’s Kingdom in Canada’s intercultural landscape.
- That the Lord would bless the camps and VBS programs being run by our churches and plants, and that they would see kids and families coming to Christ as a result of their hard work.
- For Pastor Yoichi and Miyuki Taniguchi in their work at Crossover in Calgary.
- For well-deserved rest and fun for director of Church Planting Tom Lavigne as he enjoys some time off with his wife Chris.
- That God would be preparing the hearts of those who will be attending GospelFest in Calgary on August 24, and that those who hear the good news would be changed.
- For clarity and vision of those considering church plants, both urban and rural.
- That God would speak and inspire during the weekend Greenhills Calgary will be spending at Gull Lake Centre, August 2-5.
- For continued growth in leadership and community in all the churches of Winnipeg.
- For times of inspiration and rejuvenation throughout the summer for our Church Plants in process across the West.
- For Pastor Roger and Dorcas Maurice of Première Église in Calgary that their congregation would grow strong in the Lord.
- For Pastor Reymus and Angie Cagampan of Greenhills Winnipeg. Pray that they would continue to rely on God’s strength in this new chapter of their church.
Pray with us…
- For excitement and fruit out of our existing Venture Partnerships, and movement forward for those considering the program.
- For safety and rest for each Pastor, CBWC Staff Member and Delegate making their way to the Assembly in Calgary, which begins on Thursday.
- For peace and clarity for the candidates standing up in front of the Ordination Examining Council this week.
Pray for Venture Partners and other generous people to arise and help support the crucial work our Church Plants are taking on across the west.
Pray for Pastor Hizon Cua and the Greenhills congregation in Burnaby, and the new work that God is guiding them to do in Surrey.
We’ve been praying for these seven aspects of our Planters’ lives (compiled by John Maxwell). Join us today in covering CBWC’s Church Planters in prayer:
- Rest and strength (Psalm 23)
- Intimacy with God (2 Corinthians 13:14)
- Family (Ephesians 4:32)
- Ministry Effectiveness (Ephesians 4:11-13)
- Obedience to God (Luke 9:23-24)
- Leadership (Romans 12:6-8)
- Wisdom (James 1:5)
Pray with us that city planning decision makers would make wise and helpful decisions about how to rejuvenate our communities.
Pray that pastors Jodi Spargur and Beth Malena at God’s House of Many Faces in Vancouver would have the energy and wisdom to continue helping those in the Downtown Eastside to find their voice and speak it.
- Pray for God’s House of Many Faces in Vancouver, BC. Pray for discernment and wisdom going forward, and for the Holy Spirit’s strength and comfort to sustain Pastor Jodi Spargur and her team as they tirelessly work to bring the Good News of Christ to their neighbours through word and deed.
- Pray also for CBWC Staff and all those involved in preparing for The Gathering, the CBWC Assembly in Calgary. Pray for efficiency, clear communication and joy in serving the CBWC Family.
- For joy and peace this week for CBWC Church Plants in Alberta: Greenhills, Calgary; Première église, Calgary; Crossover Japanese, Calgary; and The Well, Lethbridge.
- For continued synergy and refreshment at this week’s leadership forum in Winnipeg.
For encouragement and wisdom for our Church Plants in process across western Canada: Greenhills Christian Fellowships in Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver; The Well in Lethbridge, Crossover Japanese and Première église in Calgary; Rising Sun, Emmaus Community and Canaan Life Spring in Burnaby; and God’s House of Many Faces in Vancouver.
For Pastor Patrick and Vicki Hazelwood and their leadership team at The Well, Lethbridge, as they continue to dream, strategize, pray, and work toward continued spiritual growth in their community.
- For Pastor Reymus Cagampan as he leads Greenhills Christian Fellowship Winnipeg, and his wife Angie who is dealing with illness in her eye.
- That the various dreams and plans for new Church Plants in Manitoba and Saskatchewan would come to fruition in God’s timing.
Pray with us for our sisters and brothers in Greenhills Christian Fellowship (GCF) congregations across Western Canada:
- GCF Winnipeg, Pastor Reymus and Angie Cagampan
- GCF Calgary, Pastor Cliff and Jen Gonzales
- GCF Vancouver, Pastor Hizon and Grace Cua
Each of these groups is looking to plant a new satellite congregation in their region in the coming year.
- For Pastor Al Grochowski and Bethel Baptist in Sechelt, BC, and Pastor Hizon Cua and Greenhills Christian Fellowship Vancouver as they work together to advance the Kingdom in BC through their new Venture Partnership.
- For wisdom and humility as each of us examine our lifestyles throughout Lent and determine how we should live looking forward.
- Join CBWC Church Planting as we pray for all those participating in the New Pastor’s Orientation in Vancouver, BC, February 24-27.
- Pray as well for Pastor Janet McBeth and Emmaus Community Fellowship in Burnaby, BC, as they make preparations to begin Sunday services on March 3rd.
- That we as CBWC staff and churches would stay in step with the Spirit as we explore potential new church plants and co-ops in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC.
- That Emmaus Community Fellowship in Burnaby, BC, could find a place to meet for Sunday worship and would be supported by a Venture Partner.
February 4, 2013
Pray with us for our church planters in British Columbia. Click a church name to learn more about the church plant and read prayer requests:
- Pastor Peter and Jen Chong with Rising Sun Christian Fellowship, Burnaby
- Pastor Janet and Gerry McBeth with Emmaus Community Fellowship, Burnaby
- Pastor Jodi Spargur with God’s House of Many Faces, Vancouver
- Pastor Hizon and Grace Cua with Greenhills Christian Fellowship, Vancouver
- For fun and renewal at the Alberta Region Ministry Retreat January 28-30 at Gull Lake Centre.
- That those who have come to know Christ through the ministry of Greenhills Christian Fellowship Calgary would continue to grow in their faith and see others come to Christ through them.
Join us in prayer for our church planters in Manitoba and Alberta. Click the church name to view their plant profile and see specific prayer requests:
- Pastor Reymus and Angie Cagampan with Greenhills Christian Fellowship, Winnipeg
- Pastor Patrick and Vicki Hazelwood with The Well, Lethbridge
- Pastor Yoichi and Miyuki Taniguchi with Crossover Japanese Church, Calgary
- Pastor Roger and Dorcas Maurice with Première Église Évangélique d’Expression Française de Calgary
- Pastor Cliff and Jen Gonzales with Greenhills Christian Fellowship, Calgary
- For healthy rhythms of work and rest in this new year in ministry.
- For Peter Chong and Rising Sun Christian Fellowship as they continue to look for ways to share God’s love through generosity.
- For the Heartland Region Ministry Retreat that kicks off today in Russell, Manitoba.
- Give praise to God for all He has done in our own hearts and in the Church Plants across the West in 2012.
- Pray that each of our Church Plants in process would find peace and wisdom in the Lord this coming year.
- Pastor Patrick and Vicki Hazelwood with The Well in Lethbridge, AB, as they look for direction for the congregation and children’s ministry. They have seen an influx of kids coming to Sunday school. Pray that they would find the right people to come and work with their kids.
- Pastor Janet and Gerry McBeth at Emmaus Community Fellowship in Burnaby, BC, as they search their neighbourhood for a location for Sunday morning gatherings. Pray that they would find an affordable place that would suit their needs.
- That Canaan Life Spring Church in Burnaby, BC, would grow and find Spirit-inspired ways to reach their community.
- For each of us to rediscover the joy of our salvation in Christ in the coming weeks of Advent.
- Pray for Pastor Garry and Nelda Mullen of VantagePoint Church in Edmonton, AB, as Nelda’s brother Ken is in hospice care with terminal cancer.
- Join us in prayer for the outreach dinners Jubilee Christian Community is participating in with the Goldstream Food Bank in Victoria, BC. Pray that those serving and those being served would know Christ’s love in a deeper way.
- Pray for Janet McBeth and her team at Emmaus Community Fellowship in Burnaby, BC, as they gear up for the busy Christmas season.
- For Leduc Community Baptist Church and their upcoming year of living generously and joyously.
- For Reymus Cagampan as he leads Greenhills Christian Fellowship Winnipeg into this busy Christmas season, and that all of us would enter Advent understanding the significance and breadth of what Christ has done for us.
- Thank God for the rich Baptist history in Canada, and the way God has worked in your own life and congregation.
- Praise God for His continued care of Scott Rabuka, who has made it through his chemotherapy treatments as he battles cancer.
- Pray that the initiatives for young people at Crossover Japanese Church of Calgary would see fruit for God’s Kingdom.
- That the Venture partnerships between Westview Baptist and Calgary’s CBWC Church Plants would bear fruit for God’s Kingdom.
- For Myrna Sears and the whole team at Carey who work hard to offer relevant education for the CBWC family and beyond.
- That those attending the Pastors and Spouses retreat November 5 to 8 would find refreshment and rest, and be rejuvenated for mission and ministry in their communities.
- That each of us would continue to grow in our understanding of what it means to be the Bride of Christ together.
- That Pastor Jodi Spargur God’s House of Many Faces would continue to make good connections with neighbours through Red Clover Farm and their many other contact points in Vancouver.
- For Pastor Albert Kao, Michael Chang and Hans Tung as they lead Canaan Life Spring Church, a new church plant in south Burnaby, BC.
- For David Wang and the others leading Broadmoor Baptist Church in intercultural and intergenerational ministry.
- For growth in your inner life and the hearts of those in your congregation and our churches across western Canada.
- Join us in prayer for Mill Bay Baptist Fellowship on Vancouver Island. Over the summer they made many contacts with families, and are hoping for growth in the area of ministry to children, youth and young adults in the coming season.
- Pray the Lord will bring the right people to Rising Sun Christian Fellowship in Burnaby, BC, to help the church grow and thrive. Pray also that Pastor Peter Chong will have wisdom as he manages time between family, church, and work.
- Pray that those who heard the Good News at GospelFest, camps, or other mission initiatives this summer in Calgary would accept the truth of Christ.